MY FIRST BLOG POST!!

 THE BEGINNING 


 I’m not one to follow through with an idea or venture, especially if it occurs to me on a whim. But blogging I will say, has been one of the very few that has stuck with me for for a couple of months. So why not! Might be the start of something exhilarating.

Hi, my name is Jean, and welcome to my blog, Très Jean. 19 years old, black, female (just in case anyone is wondering), an exhausted college student, homebody and a whole lot of other adjectives that I keep discovering about myself day in day out; I’m a teenager after all. 

I discovered my love for writing about two years ago. Blogging however, was something that never occurred to me until recently. If we are to be honest, there aren't many black teenage girls who are bloggers. We go through a whole lot of things, and we need an outlet to connect and feel like we're not alone.

 I still have a little journal, where I write poems and thoughts and how I'm truly are feeling inside. Parts of my life that I'm too afraid to let anyone into, or scared to death that anyone might find out.  My journal is my safe sanctuary- it has been for a while now.

That's why I am creating this blog. This world needs more of connection and reaching out, rather than thinking you’re the only person on this titanic that’s destined to sink, especially among the black community. We all struggle, more so during this buffer period of being a child and adult at the same time.

So here’s me reaching out. Over the next couple weeks or months or even years (only God knows), as we grow together, we will connect through various topics: school, love, expectations, self esteem, doubt and many others. I might not have the right answers to all your problems, because I’m probably going through them too. But I can assure you, that on Très Jean, you will find someone who understands your sentiments, and relates so hard.

Teenagers are the most misunderstood people on the planet. They are treated like children, and expected to act like adults

To all the young adults  and my black sisters out there still navigating through life, this our safe haven, and I hope to see you again.

Until our next rendezvous, it’s been a pleasure.

Jean 👊✌ 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 TIPS TO HELP BUILD A POSITIVE BODY IMAGE (TEENS)

FOUR SELF LOVE TIPS FOR TEENAGERS.